Wednesday 18 August 2010

Gary McQuiggin - Presenter Biog


Fig. 1 - Erno Goldfinger's Alexander Fleming House in Elephant & Castle

I'm interested in making documentaries and video essays with a degree of complexity and mystery. More allusive than informative and more poetic than narrative based. I take my inspiration from pre narrative cinema, British documentary film units, the experimental cinema of the 70s, 80s and 90s, Mass Observation, Surrealism, Psychogeography and the Situationist International. I'm not in academia at the moment (perhaps waiting for the dust to settle) and my own film-making is currently on hold. I will be presenting my film The Elephant Without a Tail which I made as part of my BA at LCC and which I have recently screened at the Kassel Dokfest and Optica festival in Germany and Spain. The film is a diary film about my experience living in Elephant & Castle during the summer and autumn of 2009 just as the big regeneration program began and is an attempt to tease out some of the issues surrounding urban regeneration during a time of economic crisis.

http://www.blackoutinertia.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment