Wednesday 4 August 2010

Amanda Hopkins - Presenter Biog

A graduate initially in psychology, I later returned to college to study Three Dimensional design. My practice, which has developed from these two disciplines, explores ways of reconnecting ourselves with places around us through heightened sensitivity to the world beyond appearances.

I have worked for clients in the public realm (Islington Council, Adur Council, Essex County Council) and private individuals and companies (Stephen Pimbley Architects, French Kier Anglia), producing both temporary and permanent work. My current research interests include exploring the idea of nature as a souvenir versus nature as enveloping, relational and ‘used’.

I have taught at various HE institutions including Goldsmiths, London Metropolitan University and have been a member of staff at Central Saint Martins since 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment